David Domínguez Alatorre
Knowing what exercise to do, how to do it and when is key to preventing and treating certain illnesses and injuries. The right prescription means you can do it effectively, enjoyably and safely.
Physical Education and Sports Medicine
You will find me at
I have been working as a specialist in the FC Barcelona medical service, both at the professional, training and amateur level, since 2014.
Additionally, my background in both Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine means that I can use physical exercise to prevent and treat common chronic degenerative diseases, enhance physical fitness, promote health and improve quality of life in children, adults and the elderly.
I'm currently doing my PhD on tendinopathies at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and I sit on the board of the Sociedad Catalana de Medicina del Deporte (Catalan Society of Sports Medicine) and the Asociación Española de Médicos de Equipos de Fútbol (Spanish Association of Football Team Doctors).
- FC Barcelona handball doctor, present
- FC Barcelona roller hockey doctor, 2018-2019.
- FC Barcelona women's football team doctor, 2015-2019.
- Doctor for FC Barcelona youth academy and the UEFA Youth League, 2015 - 2018.
- Medical advisor to the Fundación Isidre Esteve. Centro Puente, 2014-2016.
- Partner at the Centro de Medicina del Deporte de Gavà, Barcelona, 2011-2013.
- Internal Medicine Department. Hospital Universitario Vall d'Hebron, 2008-2013.
- High prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency among elite Spanish athletes the importance of outdoor training adaptation. Valtueña, J., Dominguez, D., Til, L., González-Gross, M., Drobnic, F. Nutr Hosp. 2014 Jul 1; 30(1):124-31.
- Hip screening in elite youth tennis players, Cotorro, A.R., Philippon, M., Briggs, K., Boykin, R., Dominguez, D. Br J Sports Med 2014;48:7 582 doi:10.1136/bjsports-2014-093494.60.
- Patellar tendon analysis by ultrasound tissue characterization ; comparison between professional and amateur basketball players. Asymptomatic versus symptomatic, Hernández, G., Domínguez, D., Moreno, J., Til, L., & Capdevila, L. (2017). Apunts Med Esport, 52(194), 45–52. doi:10.1016/j.apunts.2016.11.003
- Generation of a new model of patellar tendinopathy in rats which mimics the human sports pathology: A pilot study, Domínguez, D., Contreras-Muñoz, P., Lope, S., Rodas, G., Marotta, G. Apunts. Medicina de l'Esport Volume 52, Issue 194, April–June 2017, Pages 53-59.
- Medical assessment in athletes, Pruna, R., Lizarraga, A., & Domínguez, D. (2017). Medicina Clínica, 150(7), 268–274. Doi:10.1016/j.medcli.2017.09.008.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.