Esther Aurensanz Clemente
You will find me at
English and Spanish
I am responsible for the care of patients with congenital and/or acquired heart disease at the Cardiology and Heart Surgery Department of SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, as well as the care of cancer patients at the specialised cardio-oncology clinic. I am also a member of the eCare multidisciplinary team, whose goal is to integrate artificial intelligence into our daily practice to provide top-level care to cardiac patients.
I am a hard-working, proactive and enthusiastic person who enjoys working in a team. My main aims in healthcare are to provide high-quality care and offer friendly, personal treatment to the families.
- Expert course in Cardio-Onco-Haematology. Spanish Society of Cardiac Imaging (SEIC) /CTO, 2019.
- European Certification in EACVI/AEPC Congenital Heart Disease, 2019.
- Master's in Pediatric Cardiology at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. 2016-2018
- Ph.D from the University of Zaragoza. Cum Laude, 2017.
- Specialist in Pediatrics and its specific areas, 2015.
- Master's degree in Genetic, Nutritional and Environmental Determinants of Growth and Development, 2014.
- Awarding of a clinical research project in cardiology by the Spanish Society of Cardiology: “Categorisation of cardiometabolic risk in pediatric patients with onco-haematological disease. Cardiac preparation programme in pediatric risk population”, 2019-2020.
- AF Almario-Hernández, M Boada Farràs, E Aurensanz Clemente, J Sanchez de Toledo. Breathing difficulties in the emergency department as a manifestation of a rare heart disease in children: anomalous origin of the left coronary artery in the pulmonary artery. An Pediatr (Barc), 2019.
- Aurensanz Clemente, E., Ayerza Casas, A., García Lasheras, C., Ramos Fuentes, F., Bueno Martínez, I., Pelegrín Díaz, J., Ruiz Frontera, P. and Montserrat Iglesias, L. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with a new mutation in gene MYBPC3. Clin Case Rep. 2017; 5(3): 232-237.
- Aurensanz Clemente E, Ayerza Casas A, Samper Villagrasa P, Ruiz Frontera P; Bueno Lozano G. Assessment of cardiac function in a group of small-for-gestational-age school-age children receiving growth hormone treatment. Med Clin (Barc). 2017; 148(3): 101-106.
- Aurensanz Clemente E, Samper Villagrasa P, Ayerza Casas A, Ruiz Frontera P, Moreno Aznar LA, Bueno Lozano G. Body composition and metabolic risk in small-for-gestational-age children receiving growth hormone treatment. Med Clin (Barc). 2016; 147(6): 231-237.
- Aurensanz Clemente E, Samper Villagrasa P, et al. Modifications in anthropometric variables, metabolic risk analyses and body composition in small-for-gestational-age children receiving growth hormone treatment. An Pediatr (Barc). 2017; 86(5): 240-248.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children´s Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.