Josep Maria Martínez Crespo
Obstetrician and gynecologist
Head of Section of Fetal Medicine. Senior Consultant of the Maternal Fetal Medicine Service.
Maternal-fetal Medicine. Diagnosis and fetal therapy. Fetal surgery
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan and English
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1989.
- Specialisation in Gynaecology and Obstetrics, 1994. Resident Medical Internship training at Hospital Clínic.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1995.
- Fetal surgery research and training coordinator at the Florida Institute for Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, St Joseph’s Women’s Hospital (Tampa, Florida, USA) for one year.
- Author of over 150 articles published in specialised journals, with impact factor and h-index of 29.
- Scientific reviewer of the main international journals based on the speciality.
- Supervisor of 4 doctoral thesis.
- Speaker on more than 350 occasions in congresses and courses.
- Associate medical lecturer at the University of Barcelona, accredited by the Spanish National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA) and the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU).
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.