Laura Montserrat Pérez López
Upper limb pathology, congenital malformations and fractures
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan, English and French
My professional career is focused on Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. I work in public practice at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I have published several scientific articles in this field and I also review articles for indexed journals in our field. I am actively involved with the Spanish Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (SEOP). I am also a member of several scientific societies, such as SECOT, SEOP, SECMA, FESSH and SEFEX.
- Doctor of Surgery. Cum Laude, International Mention. Universitat de Barcelona, 2019.
- Initial Assistance Course for Pediatric Trauma AITP. Vall d'Hebron classroom, 2019.
- Advanced Training in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology. Sociedad Española de Ortopedia Pediátrica, first scolarship, 2018-2020.
- Specialisation in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. Resident Medical Internship training, International University of Catalonia, Spanish Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SECOT) exam, 2005 - 2010.
- Postgraduate degree in Surgical Anatomy of the Locomotor System. University of Barcelona, 2009.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1998 - 2004.
- First Gasol Foundation grant. Department of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. Medical-surgical training. Children's Hospital Los Angeles (United States), 2013.
- FESSH grant. Department of Paediatric Reconstructive Hand Surgery. Clinical-surgical training. Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. London (United Kingdom), 2013.
- Department of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. Clinical-surgical training residency, supervised by Prof. J. Sales de Gauzy. Hôpital des Enfants, Purpan. Toulouse (France), 2010.
- FIS scholarships. Collaborator: Stratification of patients with severe vascular malformations into risk groups: indicators of severity and progression according to phenotype / genotype / quality of life / PROs (PI20 / 00102).
- Preaxial polydactyly. Prognostic Factors of Surgical Results. Clinical Research Project. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Validation into Spanish of the Reach Out Pediatric Upper Limb Functionality Scale. Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Author of several chapters in books.
- Reviewer in international indexed journals.
- Coordinator of the Infant Orthopedics course, Continuum 2019 of the Asociación Española de Pediatría (AEP), 2019 and 2021.
- Topic "Congenital malformations of the upper and lower limb" in the subject "The locomotor apparatus in growth" of the Medicine degree, University of Barcelona, 2019-2020.
- Training Plan in Hand Surgery, Sociedad Española de Cirugía de la Mano. Teaching tutor of the theoretical program and tutorials of the Training Program in Hand Surgery and the Spanish Diploma of Hand Surgery (DECIM). SECMA, FESSH accreditation.
- Course "Infant Orthopedics" of the Sociedad Española de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología SECOT. 2018 and 2021.
- Online Master in Children's Orthopedics, Hospital Niño Jesús. "Agenesis and central defects", teaching certificate, Cardenal Herrera Oria and TECH. ISBN. 2021.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.