Lluís Brunet i Llobet
Hospital pediatric dentistry and orthodontics in complex patients
You will find me at
English, Spanish and Catalan
In 1991, I finished my Degree in Medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. I went on to work in the field of healthcare at the ICS as a GP and A+E doctor. In 1994, after finishing my Degree in Dentistry at the Universitat de Barcelona, I did a postgraduate course in Pediatric Dentistry and took a Master’s degree in Orthodontics at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. In 1998, I obtained my PhD in Medicine and Surgery summa cum laude from the Universitat de Barcelona. I have been a specialist physician in the Dentistry Department since 1999.
I am currently engaged at the SJD Research Institute. I am a member of the research group on Hospital Dentistry, Clinical Orthodontics and Periodontal Medicine.
I believe that team work calls for a wide range of skills and acts as an important source of motivation and allows for a broader and more heterogeneous perspective of the discipline.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery. Universitat de Barcelona, 1998.
- Master’s degree in Orthodontics. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, Universitat de Barcelona, 1995–1998.
- PhD programme: “Organogenesis and Applied Clinical Anatomy”, Universitat de Barcelona, 1994–1997.
- Post-graduate degree in Pediatric Dentistry. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, Universitat de Barcelona, 1994–1995.
- Degree in Dentistry. Universitat de Barcelona, 1991–1994.
- Degree in Medicine. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1985–1991.
- Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University (KCMU-Moshi, Tanzania), collaboration from 2014 to the present.
- Co-director of research projects in the Directorate of Post-graduate Programmes through a Memorandum of Collaboration between the UB and the KCMU from 2014 to the present day.
- Soweto General Hospital (Arusha, Tanzania). Co-founder of the Hospital’s Dentistry Department. Consulting Odontologist. From 2009 to 2014.
- Coordinator of the emerging Research Group, with AGAUR (Generalitat de Catalunya) accreditation: “Hospital Dentistry & Periodontal Medicine” since 2018.
- Investigator: Systemic repercussion of periodontitis as an infectious-inflammatory disease. From 2017 to the present.
- Investigator: Clinical compatibility between active cardiac implants and electronic dental devices. From 2012 to the present.
- Investigator: Dental trauma and non-surgical management of mandibular fractures. From 2000 to the present.
- Investigator: Pharmacological gingival enlargement. Cell mechanisms and involved molecules. From 1998 to the present.
- Reviewer of indexed medical and dentistry journals.
- Accredited for the Directorate of Doctoral Theses since 2014. Doctorate in Medicine – Mention for Excellence MEE2011-0316. European Higher Education Area, Universitat de Barcelona.
- PhD thesis co-director. UB Odonto-Stomatology research line since 2017.
- Co-director of the Hospital Odontology course at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital since 2017.
- Director of Pediatric Dentistry Master’s Degree dissertations in at the UB since 2013.
- Clinical professor of the Master’s course in Pediatric Dentistry at the Universitat de Barcelona since 2008.
- Clinical professor of the Master’s course in Orthodontics at the Universitat de Barcelona since 2004.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.