Marcela Mezzatesta Gava
Neurodevelopmental problems, serious behavioural problems, childhood and adolescence accompanied by gender variability.
You will find me at
English, French, Spanish and Catalan
Since 2017, I have been working in the Multidisciplinary Unit for Autism Spectrum Disorder (UnimTEA) of the Mental Health Area of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital on various programmes, especially caring for children and adolescents with autism. More recently, I have joined the team of the Gender Identity Unit, where from a gender, intersectional and depathologizing perspective, childhood and adolescence are accompanied by gender variability.
- Postgraduate in Research, Design and Statistical Methodology in Health Sciences. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2017-2019.
- Postgraduate in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Universitat de Barcelona, 2017.
- Master's in Psychotherapy in the public mental health network. Universitat de Barcelona, 2014-2016.
- Postgraduate in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) throughout life. Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, 2014-2015.
- Specialist in Psychiatry, through Resident Medical Intern training at the Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron.
- Degree in Medicine from the Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza (Argentina).
- Free rotation in the Cultural Consultation Service (CCS) and in the First Episode Psychosis Program (FEPP), of the Jewish General Hospital / Mc Gill University. Montreal, Quebec (Canada), 2013.
- Scholarship programme for foreign undergraduate medical students. Huddinge Hospital. Karolinska Institutet. Stockholm (Sweden), 2007-2008.
- Scholarship at the Fundación Española de Psiquiatría y Salud Mental [Spanish Foundation of Psychiatry and Mental Health] (FEPSM) for the training of psychiatric residents abroad.
- Impact of the COVID-19 stressor on child and adolescent mental health, and on the population with autism, since 2020.
- Research in gender and ASD: research project on clinical characterisation of adolescents with high functioning autism (HFA). Evaluation of the effectiveness of a specific therapy programme for adolescent girls with HFA, since 2019.
- Social skills groups in adolescents with high functioning autism, since 2015.
- Gender violence, substance use and mental health, since 2014.
- Gender violence in refugee women. 2013-2021.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.