María Hernández García
I have carried out my professional career as a paediatrician at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I completed my specialised training in Paediatrics and Specific Areas (MIR) between 2016-2020, and subsequently trained as a hospital paediatrician with the Hospital Internal Paediatrics fellowship for 2 years. Since then, I have been working as an assistant doctor in the Paediatrics Department, attending the paediatric hospital ward, home hospitalisation and being part of the team of hospital paediatricians in the Neurosurgery Department.
- Studying a doctorate in Medicine and Translational Research at the Universitat de Barcelona, 2020 - present.
- Fellowship in Internal Hospital Pediatrics at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2020 - 2022.
- MIR residency specializing in Pediatrics and Specific Areas at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2016 - 2020.
- Degree in Medicine from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra – Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (shared degree), 2009 - 2015.
- External rotation at Hospital for Sick Children - University of Toronto (Canada), with the "Resident Elective Training" program in infectious diseases and pediatric hematology, 2019.
- Member of the Research Group on Infectious Diseases in the Pediatric Age and Microbiome. Institut de Recerca de Sant Joan de Déu, 2022 - present.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.