Miguel Alsina Casanova
Prematurity, perinatal asphyxia and neonatal hematology
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan
I did my MIR (Resident Medical Internship) in Paediatrics and its Specific Areas at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital between 2010 and 2014 and was subsequently awarded a Fellowship in Neonatology in the same hospital until 2016. Since then I have worked continually as a duty physician in the Hospital's Neonatology Department.
I currently combine this activity with a position as a specialist in the Neonatal Unit of Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and am also Assistant Paediatrics Lecturer at the International University of Catalonia. In 2018 I read my PhD thesis on multiple organ damage in neonatal asphyxia under the supervision of Dr Alfredo García-Alix.
I consider a good neonatologist to be one who meticulously monitors the entire process of both the patients they treat and their families from the most critical period through to when they are ready to go back home.
- PhD in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2018.
- Fellowship in Neonatology.SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2014 - 2016.
- Resident Medical Intern in Paediatrics and its Specific AreasSJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2010 - 2014.
- Principal investigator in the cord blood transfusion group in extreme pre-terms. Hospital Clínic - Blood and Tissue Bank, since 2019.
- Principal Investigator in the multicentre trial SafeBoosC-III. Righospitalet (Denmark) - Hospital Clinic Barcelona, since 2019.
- Perinatal Asphyxia Investigator and PhD student. Agrupación Sanitaria Hospital Sant Joan de Déu - Hospital Clinic Barcelona, 2013 - 2018.
- Assistant Lecturer of the Paediatrics International University of Catalonia, since 2022.
- Assistant Lecturer of Palliative CareInternational University of Catalonia, since 2021.
- Assistant Lecturer of Paediatrics.International University of Catalonia, since 2015.
- Tutor on the Master's in Neonatology. University of Barcelona, since 2019.
- Assistant Lecturer on the Neonatology Master's. University of Barcelona, since 2020.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.