Thaís Armangué Salvador
Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfectology
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan, English and Italian
As head of the Department and attending in the Paediatric Neuroimmunology Unit at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, I combine treating patients in the clinical Unit with research. I currently lead research projects on paediatric autoimmune diseases for the IDIBAPS - Hospital Clínic (Barcelona) Neuroimmunology programme, accredited by CIBERER (the Centre for Biomedical Network Research on Rare Diseases) and as a Clinical Expertise Unit (XUEC network) for the treatment of autoimmune encephalitis and other antibody-related brain disorders. The aim of my commitment to research is to find new diagnostic and therapeutic tools for nervous system autoimmune and inflammatory diseases that may help us improve our patients' prognosis and quality of life.
- Residency in Paediatrics and its specific areas. Hospital Vall d'Hebron, 2007 - 2011.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery with extraordinary award. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2000 - 2006.
- Master's Degree and Diploma in Research Methodology Studies: Design and Statistics in Health Sciences. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2013 - 2016.
- Clinical and research fellowship (PFIS pre-doctoral and Rio Hortega post-residency grant from Instituto de Salud Carlos III) on the Neuroimmunology programme, IDIBAPS-Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, 2012 - 2016.
PhD cum laude and international distinction in Medicine (under supervisor Josep Dalmau). University of Barcelona, 2015.
- Sub-speciality in Neuropaediatrics. Hospital Vall d'Hebron, Master's Degree from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2011 - 2013.
Diploma in Advanced Studies. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2007 - 2012.
- Member of the paediatric multiple sclerosis international study group (IMPSSG).
- Member of the European consortium for pediatric neuroimmunologic diseases research.
- Fellowship for research on inherited white substance diseases. Children's National Medical Center, Washington DC (United States), 2016.
- Residency in the Neuroimmunology and Demyelinating Diseases Unit. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (United States), 2016.
Coordinator of the Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfectology Working Group of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Neurology.
Principal Investigator of several funded projects for the study of neurological autoimmune diseases in children.
Author of more than 30 scientific articles and book chapters included in the global paediatrics reference book (The Nelson Textbook, 20th and 21st editions).
Author of more than 50 studies presented at courses and scientific conferences (of which more than 15 were international).
- Lecturer for the Master's in Paediatric Neurology, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, University of Barcelona.
- Speaker at more than 40 conferences, courses and congresses (more than 15 of which were international).
Posts related to Thaís Armangué
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.