Verónica González Álvarez
From 2005 to 2009, I worked as a neuropaediatrician at the Viladecans Delta Early Stimulation Centre and also in Puigcerdà. From 2006 to 2010, I practiced as a paediatric neurologist at the Balmes Institution in Sant Boi, specifically in the care of patients with multiple disabilities. Since 2007, I have worked at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, where I am based at the Neuroimmunology Unit and form part of the paediatric stroke study group. I believe that knowing how to listen, understand and provide support constitutes more than half of our work, and that we have to strive to continuously improve these skills.
- Master’s degree in Neuropaediatrics. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2005 - 2007.
- Specialty in Paediatrics and its specific areas. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona), 2005.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Oviedo (UO).
- Member of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital mortality committee since 2016.
- Consultant for the Neuroimmunology Unit at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital-Hospital Clínic since 2015.
- Member of the Paediatric Stroke Study Group of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Neurology since 2014.
- Member of the international study group on paediatric multiple sclerosis since 2011.
- Participation in the "International Pediatric Stroke Study" study group based in Toronto since 2009.
- Lecturer on the Master's Degree in Neuropaediatrics at the University of Barcelona (SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital) since 2010.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.