Susana Rives Sola
Spanish, Catalan, English and French
Paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, immunotherapy in acute leukaemia
Spanish, Catalan, English and French
Since 2000 I have worked as a specialist physician in the Haematology and Paediatric Oncology department of SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I combine healthcare with research. Among my main areas of interest are paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) and paediatric Philadelphia-positive leukaemias. I have been a member of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (SEHOP) ALL production committee since 2013. I currently coordinate the SEHOP working group for the registration of Philadelphia-positive chronic myeloid leukaemia. Expert in ALL and CAR T-cell therapy.
Doctoral thesis: "Clinical characterisation and prognostic factors in subgroups of paediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia at a high risk of relapse". University of Barcelona, 2013.
- Specialist in Haematology and Haemotherapy, Hospital Clínic Barcelona, 1995.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Barcelona, 1994.
- Placement in the Cancer Immunotherapy department of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (United States), 2014.
- Placement in the Leukaemia and Lymphoma department of the Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital (United States), 2001.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology ALL treatment protocol development committee (SEHOP / ALL 2013).
- Coordination of the SEHOP chronic myeloid leukaemia working group.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology committee for the treatment and diagnosis of falciform cell anaemia (SEHOP / ECF 2010).
- Alonso-Saladrigues A, Català A, R Berrueco, Camós M, Torrebadell M, S. Rives Aplastic Crisis Secondary to Parvovirus B19 Infection as the First Manifestation of an Undiagnosed Hereditary Spherocytosis: Report of a Pediatric Series of Spanish Patients. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. Jan 2016; 38 (1): 81-2
- Bautista F, Gallego S, Cañete A, Mora J, Diaz de Heredia C, Cruz O, Fernández JM, Rives S, Madero L, Castel V, Cela ME, Ramírez G, Sábado C, Acha T, Astigarraga I, Sastre A, Una Muñoz, Guibelalde M, L. Moreno. Landscape of early clinical trials for childhood and adolescence cancer in Spain Clin Transl Oncol. 2015 Oct 21. Epub ahead of print.
- Berrueco R, Alonso-Saladrigues A, Martorell-Sampol L, Català-Temprano A, Ruiz-Llobet A, Toll T, Torrebadell M, Naudó M, Camós M, Rives S. Outcome and toxicities associated to chemotherapy in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and Gilbert syndrome. Usefulness of UGT1A1 mutational screening. Pediatr. Blood Cancer 2015 62: 1195-201.
- Bento C, Percy MJ, Gardie B, Maia TM, van Wijk R, Perrotta S, Ragione FD, Almeida H, Rossi C, Girodon F, Aström M, Neuman D, Schnittger S, Landin B, Minkov, M, Randi ML, Casadevall N, Vainchenker W, Rives S, Hermouet S, Ribeiro L, McMullin MF, Cario H; on behalf of the ECE-Consortium. Genetic Basis of Congenital Erythrocytosis: Mutation Update and Online Databases Hum Mutat. Hum Mutat. 2014; 35: 15-26.
- Rives S, Camós M, Estella J, Gómez P, Moreno MJ, Vivanco JL, Melo M, Fernández-Delgado R, Verdeguer A, Fernández-Teijeiro A, Lendínez F, López-Almaraz R, Uriz JJ, Badell I. Spanish Paediatric Haemato-Oncology Group (SHOP/SEHOP). Longer follow-up confirms major improvement in outcome in children and adolescents with Philadelphia chromosome acute lymphoblastic leukaemia treated with continuous imatinib and haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Results from the Spanish Cooperative Study SHOP/ALL-2005. Br J Haematol. 2013; 162: 419-21.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's degree in Biomedicine at the University of Barcelona, since 2015.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's degree in Paediatric Nursing, since 2013.
- Co-coordinator, together with Dr Ofelia Cruz, of the Master's degree in Paediatric Haematology at the University of Barcelona, since 2016.