Àngels García Cazorla
I received my degree and PhD in Medicine from University of Barcelona in 1993. I completed my clinical and scientific training in Inborn Errors of Metabolism and Neurometabolic Disorders at Hospital Necker (Paris) and the University of Columbia (New York). I am currently the coordinator of the Neurometabolic Disorders Unit and of the research work into neurotransmission mechanisms and neuronal communication in this group of diseases at Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona Children's Hospital. "I like writing, running and dreaming of a better world".
- Master's degree in Neuroscience and Behavioural Biology. Pablo de Olavide University, 2009.
- PhD in Medicine (European doctorate). Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2005.
- Specialist in Paediatrics from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1997.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1993.
- Post-doctoral research training at the Neurology Department of the University of Columbia, New York, 2007 - 2008.
- Medical intern and “Chef de clinique assistant” at the Department of Metabolic Disorders, Neurology and Genetics at Hospital Necker, Paris, 1998 - 2000.
- Researcher in different European networks on Metabolic Disorders (E-IMD, E-HOD. InNerMed, I-NTD).
- Member of the scientific committee of the “Recordati Rare Diseases Foundation”.
- Lead researcher of the Neurology Laboratory. Research Line: “Synaptic Dysfunction Mechanisms in Rare Neurogenetic Disorders”. Sant Joan de Déu Foundation.
- Researcher attached to the CIBER-ER Network (Centre for Networked Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases). Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII).
- Associate lecturer at the University of Barcelona, since 2012.