Bibiana Gaya Barrauc
For the last 14 years I have been working as a nurse in the Neonatal Unit, looking after new-born babies with critical health problems and accompanying their families, with special focus on skin-to-skin care and breastfeeding. I also devote time to training colleagues and students in the field of breastfeeding in newborn babies, both healthy and sick. For 8 years, I coordinated a support group for mothers, where I offered guidance on breastfeeding and upbringing. "I like to carry on learning and keep up to date in the fields of my profession, particularly breastfeeding and upbringing, both as a nurse and as a mother".
- Ongoing training in Breastfeeding, ECMO, Critical Neonatal Care and other paediatric settings.
- Breastfeeding Consultant (IBCLC) certified in 2009 and recertified in 2014.
- Teacher in Infant Massage 2014, certified by AEMI (Spanish Association of Infant Massage).
- CADI (Self-training Course for Nursing Diplomas) 2009, organised by the Health Studies Institute of the University of Barcelona.
- Postgraduate course in Paediatrics and Primary Healthcare. Blanquerna School of Nursing and Physiotherapy (URL), 2005.
- Postgraduate training in "Applications of traditional treatments to modern therapeutics". Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing. University of Barcelona, 2003.
- Postgraduate development course in Paediatric Nursing. Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing. University of Barcelona, 2002
- Degree in Nursing in 2001, specialist in Paediatrics since 2015
- Collaborating lecturer in the Sant Joan de Déu School of Nursing and in Education Sant Joan de Déu.
- Lectures and presentations in a number of courses and congresses in the setting of Neonatology and Breastfeeding.