Irune Goicoechea Manterola
I started my professional career at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital 10 years ago. Since then, I have worked in different hospitalisation units and also at a special education school as a nurse. I currently work in the Endocrinology Department as a diabetes nurse educator. I like being a nurse, learning from my patients and at the same time teaching them. I like seeing a child's smile. In my free time I enjoy playing sport, reading and walking on the beach.
- Diploma from the Bellvitge University School of Nursing, 2006.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Nursing in a hospital setting from Blanquerna University, 2007.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Nursing in an outpatient setting from Blanquerna University, 2008.
- Master's Degree in Care and Education of People with Diabetes from the Bellvitge University School, 2012.
- Specialty in Paediatric Nursing, 2015.
- Collaboration with "Ayuda", an American foundation dedicated to supporting children with diabetes in developing countries.
- Collaboration at the Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing as a lecturer in Child Diabetes.