José Manuel Blanco González
My vocation for Paediatrics stems from the internship that I completed as a student at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, which left a deep impression on me. In October 1999, I started working as a nurse at the Hospital, where I have remained up to the present. I was a nurse in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at the Centre. I combined this with working in the Emergency Medical System (SEM), Haemodialysis and Nursing Supervision Until October 2011. That year, I started my career in Management as a head nurse in a hospitalisation unit.
- University Diploma in Nursing, completed at the Red Cross University School of Nursing in Terrassa, 1996 - 1999.
- Postgraduate Theory/Practice Course in Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, given at the Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing, 1999 - 2000.
- Postgraduate Course on Improving Child Nursing, given at the Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing, 2000 - 2001.
- Official Master's Course on Leadership and Management of Nursing Departments at the University of Barcelona, 2013 - 2014.
Throughout my professional career I have attended three Spanish national presentations and conferences and contributed to another three publications.
Collaboration as a teacher between 2005 and 2016 in the following courses:
- Master's Degree and Postgraduate Theory/Practice Diploma in Nursing Care in Childhood and Adolescence, organised for the Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing.
- Postgraduate Theory/Practice Diploma in Intensive Care of Children and Adolescents, organised for the Sant Joan de Déu University School of Nursing.