Marisa Manzano Surroca
I work as a plastic, restorative and cosmetic surgeon and my specialty is breast and soft tissue pathology. One of my goals is to turn the Hospital into a reference center for research and treatment of these diseases. The most comforting part of my profession is knowing that my work helps children and adolescents to develop as well as possible.
- European Master in surgical, reconstructive and cosmetic Oncological Surgery. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2016-2018.
- Patient Safety Certificate Program through the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Postgraduate Institute (United States), 2018.
- Stem cells and regenerative biology; Harvard Extension School, 2012.
- Postgraduate certificate in the first online course on Mammary Ultrasound, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2010.
- Diploma of competence of Laser Medicine and Surgery of CEC of the Official Col·legi de Metges de Barcelona (Official Association of Physicians of Barcelona - COMB), 2004 - 2005.
- Doctoral courses in Surgical Dermatology. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1995.
- Participation in more than 70 national and international courses, congresses and seminars.
- Observership at Boston Children’s Hospital (United States) in 2014 and 2018.
- Clinical practice in England in Harley Street (London); General Medical Council, United Kingdom.
- Observership in the surgery programme of Brackenridge Hospital in Austin (United States), 1993.
- Internal Medicine Department of Molinette Hospital. Turin (Italy), 1991.
- Researcher in the Poland Syndrome group, 2018.
- Infant and juvenile mammary pathology group
- More than 30 communications at congresses and in scientific publications, notable among which are the following:
- Labiaplasty: A 24-Month Experience in 58 Patients: Outcomes and Statistical Analysis. Ann Plast Surg. 2018 Apr; 80(4):316-322. Surroca MM1, Miranda LS, Ruiz JB.
- Poland’s syndrome and free autologous fat grafts. Cir Pediatr. 2014 Jan; 27(1):43-8. Manzano Surroca M, Ribo Cruz JM, Parri Ferrandis F, Albert Cazalla A, Bejarano Serrano M.
- Male chest enhancement: pectoral implants. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2007 Aug 05; 32(1):101-104.