Marta Morales Ballús
Since 1996, I have been a specialist in Paediatric Ophthalmology at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, focusing on infant cataracts and paediatric anterior segment surgery. I have authored over 50 presentations given at national and international congresses, and I have participated as a speaker on various courses and at specialised competitions. I did my Resident Medical Internship training in the Department of Ophthalmology at the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona. I was awarded my PhD in 1996. I have been tutoring ophthalmology residents since 2013.
- Training course for Resident Medical Internship tutors run by the Spanish Medical Colleges Organisation Training Foundation, 2015.
- Doctoral Thesis: "Influence of the systemic and immune status of the HIV+ patient on the development of CMV retinitis". Mention: Cum laude by unanimous vote, 1996.
- Doctoral Courses: Research in Ophthalmology. University of Barcelona, 1993 - 1994.
- Specialisation in Ophthalmology, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, 1996.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Barcelona, 1991.
- Author of over 50 national and international presentations (EPOS, WCPOS, COPHY, SCO, SAO, SEEOP).
- Author of numerous articles published in specialised national and international scientific journals.
- From 2005 to present, summary of relevant articles published for the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology journal.
- Participation in the organising committee of the European Paediatric Ophthalmological Society meeting in 2014, and of the 1st World Congress of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus in 2009.
- Collaborator in an official presentation by the Spanish Society of Implant-Refractive Eye Surgery of 2016: Paediatric Cataracts.
- Six awards from 2004 to present for the best clinical study, published work, project, oral presentation and poster.
- Tutor of Ophthalmology Residents at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 2013.