Montserrat Dolz i Abadia
My professional career has been framed by an interest in Psychiatry in general and particularly in serious mental illnesses. I started out in clinical care and research (this is why I completed my physician resident training [MIR] at one of the best institutes of Psychiatry in London). I then transitioned to early care and prevention and specialised in child and youth Psychiatry. Later on I developed a line of research on the phases prior to developing mental illnesses. This is a fascinating subject and I never get tired of it. I love to hike in the mountains and swim in rivers with icy waters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Barcelona, 1997.
- Specialist in Psychiatry, Sant Joan de Déu Health Park, 2000.
- Koplowitz fellowship, "Assessment and prevention of youth at risk of psychosis". University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2009.
- Institute of Psychiatry, Maudsley Hospital, London, 1999.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2009 - 2010.
- Researcher in the consolidated Research Group "Aetiopathogenesis and treatment of serious mental illnesses. Leader of the line "Mental illnesses in childhood and adolescence".
- Principal investigator of two projects with competitive Spanish Health Research Fund (FIS) funding and a Koplowitz project.
- Researcher in the CIBERSAM group led by Josep M. Haro. This group was first in 2015.
- Individual research centred on "Childhood-and adolescent-onset psychotic disorders and their early detection and prevention".
- Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, since 2010.