The Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Department is constantly evolving thanks to its capacity for innovating and devising new support systems
- Development of an innovative computer game, Funny Friends, to make respiratory physiotherapy more fun.
- Participation in developing a robotic exoskeleton to facilitate walking in children with spinal muscular atrophy. Project in development, in collaboration with the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
- Development of a low-cost robotic system to aid in gait rehabilitation in children with serious motor disorders in collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), in a RecerCaixa project.
- Use of virtual reality with the "hand tutor" for arm rehabilitation in children with hemiplegia.
- Design of a virtual platform to develop an exercise programme focused on speech disorders. The goal is previwed to be able to work from home under the supervision of speech therapists from the Hospital.