Rubén Berrueco Moreno
I have worked as a paediatric haematologist at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona since 2010, and I have been head of the Haematology Department since 2018. I combine healthcare and management activities with research. My main areas of interest include platelet diseases, thrombosis and congenital and acquired coagulopathies in children. I am a member of the Sociedad Española de Hematología y Oncología Pediátricas (spanish society of paediatric haematology and oncology - SEHOP), where I belong to the ITP working group; the Sociedad Española de Trombosis y Hemostasia (spanish society of thrombosis and haemostasis - SETH); and the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH), within which I am part of the paediatric/neonatal subcommittee.
- Master's Degree in Health Management, Universitat Ramón Llull, 2018 - 2019.
- Master in Congenital and Acquired Coagulopathies, Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, 2018 - 2019.
- PhD in Medicine. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2011.
- Master's Degree in Paediatric Haematology. Universitat de Barcelona, 2008 - 2010.
- Specialist in Paediatrics and its specific areas, Hospital del Mar, 2004 - 2008.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery. Universidad de Zaragoza, 2003.
- Observership at the Great Ormond Street Hospital Haemophilia Unit. London, 2014.
- Principal investigator of the line of haemostasis disorders in children at the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu, included in the line Leukaemias and non-malignant haemopathies in paediatrics.
- Principal investigator on a FIS grant from the Instituto Carlos III (PI17/00356), 2017 - 2021.
- Principal investigator in clinical trials related to new treatments for immune thrombopenia, thrombosis and haemophilia in paediatrics (2010 - present).
- Member of the paediatric ITP working group of the Sociedad Española de Hematología y Oncología Pediátricas (SEHOP).
- Director of the course on Paediatric Haematology Update, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, since 2018.
- Participates as lecturer in the course on Congenital Coagulopathies, Universidad de Andalucía - Site Antonio Machado (Baeza), since 2017.