Ana Merayo García
We achieve optimization and maximum performance by balancing the different areas of a person's life.
Psychology of elite and school-age sports
You will find me at
I've worked as a sports psychologist at elite centers since 2004, offering individual counseling to professional athletes, always working with different organizations like the Residencia Joaquín Blume and FC Barcelona. I have also held a position in the latter since 2011 as head of the mentoring and psychology service for the different professional departments at FC Barcelona.
My training in psychology, coupled with my background in family therapy, means that I can work with athletes in a holistic and comprehensive way, while taking into account the specific characteristics of their environment: family, coaches, club, etc. Learning to manage invisible training will optimize performance on a daily basis.
I have taught the subject of sports psychology for the Advanced Sports Experts Program since 2007 and at Universitat Blanquerna since 2019, which keeps me constantly abreast of new theories and techniques that I can bring to my psychological work with athletes to optimize their performance across all areas of their lives: personal, social, sports and academic.
I'm currently working on my thesis on how sleep and rest affect athletes' cognitive and emotional performance. I'm a member of the Asociación Catalana de Psicología del Deporte, the Catalan Association of Sport Psychology.
- Head of the Comprehensive Athlete Care Service (SAIE) for F.C. Barcelona: psychology and mentoring department since 2016.
- Consultant for sports organizations: development of the psychological and mentoring department in sports institutions since 2016.
- Individual counseling to coaches and athletes as a sports psychologist since 2004.
- Head of the Sports Psychology Department at FC Barcelona, 2016-2020.
- FC Barcelona La Masia youth academy: mentor for F.C. Barcelona athletes who live at the training center, 2011-2016.
- World Swimming Championships Barcelona 2013: coordination of the Athlete Care Department for Synchronised Swimming.
- Residencia Joaquín Blume: Coordinator of the Mentoring Service and Head of the Mentoring Team, 2004-2011.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.