Carles Luaces Cubells
I have been head of the Paediatric Emergencies Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 2010. I graduated in Medicine in 1982 and went on to specialise in Paediatrics, focusing my career on Emergency Care. In 1992 I was awarded a doctorate in this speciality by the Autonomous University of Barcelona. I was President of the Spanish Society for Paediatric Emergencies, and I am currently a coordinator for the Emergencies Work Group of the Catalan Paediatrics Society, and a member of the Patient Quality and Safety work group in the Spanish Paediatrics Association. I am accredited as a director with the American Paediatrics Academy to direct the Advanced Pediatric Life Support course, and a Clinical simulation instructor accredited by the Boston Children's Hospital. I like sharing my experience through training other doctors in the field of Paediatric Emergencies.
- Degree in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 1982.
- Specialist in Paediatrics, 1988.
- Accredited in Paediatric Emergencies, 2005.
- Ph.D in Medicine. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1992.
- Associate Lecturer, University of Barcelona. Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Radiology and Physical Medicine, 1994.
- CPR instructors for the Catalan Paediatrics Society.
- APLS course director, accredited by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Clinical simulation instructor, accredited by Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Teacher of the Safety Course for the Paediatric Emergencies department.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.