Eulàlia Baselga Torres
Hemangiomas, vascular tumors and vascular malformations, atopy
You will find me at
English, Spanish and Catalan
I am Head of the Dermatology Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, with over 20 years' experience dedicated exclusively to pediatric dermatology after training at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau and the Medical College of Wisconsin, under the supervision of Dr Nancy B. Esterly. Hemangiomas and vascular lesions are my main areas of research and expertise. I have also cared for patients with atopy, coordinating the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau School of Atopy for several years.
I am particularly interested in teaching and for 10 years I have directed the Pediatric Dermatology Master's at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. I have also co-directed two doctoral theses and several dissertations. I am involved in the development and advancement of the speciality, being an active member of 10 professional and international associations. I have chaired the Grupo Español de Dermatología Pediátrica and currently chair the Hemangioma Investigator Group. I am also a Board member of the European Society for Pediatric Dermatology.
I am passionate about my work and serving my patients.
- PhD in Medicine (outstanding cum laude), Universitat de Barcelona, 2001.
- Dermatology specialist, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 1989–1993.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1983–1989.
- Observation stay in the Vascular Injury Unit, Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco (California, USA), July–September 2012.
- Pediatric Dermatology residency grant, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (Wisconsin, USA), 1995–1997.
- Founder and President of the Hemangioma Investigator Group (founded 2009, president 2019).
- Collaborating member of the European Vascular Malformations Network (VASCERN), since 2016.
- Coordinator of the Multidisciplinary Unit for Angioma and Vascular Malformations of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 2004–2018.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies, since 2016.
- Participation in 12 research projects, sponsored by the investigators.
- Participation in 8 research projects and clinical trials funded by the industry.
- Associate Lecturer at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, since 2011.
- Director and Co-ordinator of the Pediatric Dermatology Master's at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Post-Graduate School .
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children´s Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.