Gil Rodas Font
Physical Education and Sports Medicine
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan, French
The research lines that interest me are related to Sports Medicine: diagnosis, treatment and prevention of muscle-tendon injuries, functional assessment, control and monitoring of training of athletes, genetics and sport, heart rate variability (HRV) as an indicator of physical condition and stress, biomarkers of stress-recovery and fatigue, and analysis of segmental bio-impedance measures.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 2002.
- Specialist in Physical Education and Sports Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 1989.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 1986.
- Hamstring Muscle Injuries, a Rehabilitation Protocol Purpose. Valle X, L Tol J, Hamilton B, Rodas G, Malliaras P, Malliaropoulos N, Rizo V, Moreno M, Jardi J. Asian J Sports Med. 2015 Dec.
- Classification and grading of muscle injuries: a narrative review. Hamilton B, Valle X, Rodas G, Til L, Grive RP, Rincon JA, Tol JL. Br J Sports Med. 2015 Mar.
- Osteitis pubis: can early return to elite competition be contemplated? Jardí J, Rodas G, Pedret C, Til L, Cusí M, Malliaropoulos N, Del Buono A, Maffulli N. Transl Med UniSa. 2014.
- Individual Muscle use in Hamstring Exercises by Soccer Players Assessed using Functional MRI. Fernandez-Gonzalo R, Tesch PA, Linnehan RM, Kreider RB, Di Salvo V, Suarez-Arrones L, Alomar X, Mendez-Villanueva A, Rodas G. Int J Sports Med. 2016 Jun.
- Return to Play After Soleus Muscle Injuries. Pedret C, Rodas G, Balius R, Capdevila L, Bossy M, Vernooij RW, Alomar X. Orthop J Sports Med. 2015 Jul.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.