Laia Alsina Manrique de Lara
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery, a PhD in Medicine and I am a Pediatrician. I have worked as a specialist in the clinical immunology and allergy department since 2011, becoming head of it in 2020, and I have coordinated the Clinical Immunology Functional Unit at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital and Hospital Clínic since 2012. Both my patient care and research activities are focused on pediatric primary and secondary immunodeficiency. I have participated in various publicly and privately funded research projects, both national and international, and I have published over 60 indexed articles. I received a national research award. I am co-editor of the "Anales de Pediatría" [Annals of Paediatrics] publication and I have been the head of Studies at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital till the beginning of 2018.
- Sub-specialisation in Clinical Immunology. United States, 2008 - 2010.
- PhD in Medicine. Distinction. University of Barcelona, 2008.
- Pediatric Specialist. University of Barcelona, 2005.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 2000.
- Immunology and Haematology Department, Hospital Necker-Sick Children (Paris). Clinical placement, 2005.
- Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, Microarray Core (Dallas, USA). Post-doctoral research, 2008 - 2010.
- Children's Medical Center (Dallas, USA), Observer at the Primary Immunodeficiency Unit, 2008-2010.
- Researcher in the area of Infectious Diseases and Systemic Inflammatory Response, since 2011.
- Responsible for the emerging line of research: Immunological susceptibility to infections, since 2011.
- Member of the Study Group on Immune Dysregulation in Children (GRPRE 2017/SGR1547).
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Inmunología Clínica, Alergología y Asma Pediátrica (SEICAP) [Spanish Society of Clinical Immunology, Allergy and Pediatric Asthma] Working Group on Primary Immunodeficiency since 2013.
- Member of the Catalan Pediatrics Society Immunodeficiency Group; coordinator between 2011 and 2013.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Associació Catalana de Dèficits Immunitaris Primaris (ACADIP) [Catalan Association of Primary Immune Deficiency]; medical advisor since December 2011.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's Degree programme in Pediatric Immunology and Allergies at the University of Barcelona since 2011.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.