Maria Jose Troyano Martos
Neonatology and ECMO therapy
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan, English
Working as care nurse for 26 years at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. I loved paediatrics ever since I was a student, I was lucky to join this hospital and be able to make my dream come true. Throughout this time I have been specialising in different areas, particularly in the field of Neonatology. The best moment of the day for me is when I see those “great little heroes” who come to see the “glass box” where they were born, running down the corridor.
- University Diploma in Nursing, Jaén, 1986 - 1989
- Paediatric Nursing specialist.
- NIDCAP certified.
- Master’s degree in Hospital Management and Health Services.
- Fellowship in May 2012 in the Neonatal Unit of the Rigshospitalet hospital in Copenhagen, related to the project of improving the care of Extremely Low Birth Weight (ELBW) infants.
- Lecturer on various master’s degrees at the University of Barcelona since 2005.
- Leader in induction training for new nursing professionals joining the Neonatology Department and the paediatric nurse residents (P.I.R.) in their first and second years.
- Director of ongoing training for all professionals in the Neonatology Department.
- Clinical simulation instructor.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.