Raquel Cecilia Costa
Diabetes mellitus type 1
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan, English
Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital (2001-2007). Specialised in Psychiatry at Vic University Hospital (2008-2012). External rotations in Paediatric and Adolescent Psychiatry on the Referrals and Acute Inpatient Unit of SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital and the Sub-acute Unit of Benito Menni Hospital in Sant Boi Llobregat (2011). Attending psychiatrist for eating disorders (outpatient consultations and day hospital) and endocrinology referrals (internal referrals, outpatient consultations and support groups), since May 2014. Alicia Koplowitz short-term residency grant at the Joslin Diabetes Center developing a research project (2016-2017). Started a PhD in Medicine at the University of Barcelona (2017). My hobbies are taking care of people, running and travelling.
- Grant from the Alicia Koplowitz Foundation, 2016-2017.
- Introductory course on SPSS Statistical Analysis in Health Sciences. Official College of Physicians of Barcelona, 2016.
- Course on caring for children at risk. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2015.
- Training course for Managing Groups of Children and Adolescents. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2014-2015.
- Pharmacology in Childhood and Adolescence. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2014.
- Theoretical-practical refresher course on the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with ADHD and its comorbidities. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2014.
- Joslin Diabetes Center (Boston). Harvard Medical School, 2016-2017.
- Collaboration with the NGO Kaliu Nepal. Prisoners' Assistance Nepal, 2015.
- Rotation in Transcultural Psychiatry at San Juan de Dios de Piura Hospital, Peru, 2012.
- Collaboration with the NGO Idukay, Peru, 2008.
- Collaboration with the NGO Salud en El Salvador, 2006.
- Research project on Risk of Eating Disorders in Adolescents with Type-1 Diabetes. Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, 2016-2017.
- Collaboration on the project "Evaluación y tratamiento psicopatológico en el Fracaso Escolar y Académico" (Psychopathological evaluation and treatment for school and academic failure). Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, March 2013.
- Principal Investigator on the final residency project: "El insight en la Esquizofrenia y el Riesgo de Suicidio" (Insight into Schizophrenia and the Risk of Suicide). Vic Hospital, May 2012.
- Investigator in a phase 3, multicentre, double-blind comparative study of LY2140023 and Aripiprazole in patients diagnosed with schizophrenia. Vic Hospital, 2011-2012.
- Collaboration on the RERISC-TMS Study. Cardiovascular risk assessment in patients with severe mental illness. Vic Hospital, 2010.
- Foguet Q, Roura P, Bullón A, Mauri C, Gordo N, Cecília R. Cardiovascular risk factors, cardiovascular risk and quality of life in patients with a severe mental disorder. Atención primaria. 2012 (IF 0.957).
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.