Ares Sentenach Carbó
I carry out the assessment and nursing care plan for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), working together with families and children in the Mental Health Area of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. You will find me working on the behaviour and emotional self-regulation programme (HP-TEA), focusing on relaxation strategies, alternatives and methods of disconnection and distraction, regulation through sports or music, etc. and on healthy living habit management.
From Outpatient Consultations, I accompany families in the introduction, recovery or maintenance of healthy behaviours, such as a good sleep pattern, intervention in eating disorders, if any, in generating routines that include, among others, good hygiene, increased autonomy and support in the management of visual aids. As a nurse, I also accompany families, children and adolescents in the different processes and life challenges that may appear throughout the first 18 years of life.
- PhD student. Official Doctorate Programme in Nursing Sciences. Universidad de Lleida. 2021- present.
- Master's Degree in School Nursing, Universitat de Barcelona, 2016-2018.
- Master's Degree in Nutrition and Health, Universitat Obierta de Catalunya, 2014-2016.
- Master's Degree in Music Therapy, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, IDEC, Barcelona, 2012-2014.
- Degree in Nursing, Blanquerna -Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona, 2008-2012.
- Music therapist at Harvard Students' Spouses and Partners Association (HSSPA), 2016 - 2017.
- Nurse Band 5. Hospital Nuffield Orthopedic Center, OCE, Oxford Centre of Enablement. Oxford University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, 2015 - 2016.
- FIS PI19/00113 Circadian rhythms disruption in children with neurodevelopmental disorders (ADHD and ASD), and impact on health and quality of life. Aritz Aranbarri; Jose Angel Alda. Instituto de Salud Carlos III, 2020 - 2022.
- Linked by autism. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Foundation. Maria Angeles Mairena. Fundació la Caixa Social Work, 2020 - 2021.
- Linked by autism. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Foundation. Maria Angeles Mairena. Fundació la Caixa Social Work, 2019 - 2020.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of an intervention programme for children with ASD and eating disorders (ASD + AA). SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Foundation. Maria Angeles Mairena. Fundació la Caixa Social Work, 2019 - 2020.
- Linked by autism. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Foundation. Maria Angeles Mairena. Fundació la Caixa Social Work, 2018 - 2019.
- Sentenach-Carbo, A., Batlle, C., Franquesa, M., García-Fernandez, E., Rico, L., Shamirian-Pulido, L., ... & Estruch, R. (2018). Adherence Of Spanish Primary Physicians And Clinical Practice To The Mediterranean Diet. European journal of clinical nutrition, 1.
- Master's Value of Cures in Mental Health. Description of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Campus Docent San Joan de Déu, since 2020.