Carmen Yoldi Vergara
My professional activity has focused on diabetes practically from the outset. I worked at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona in therapeutic education in diabetes, with a special contribution to the setting up of the structured education programme (SEP) for the implementation of insulin pumps. In 2002, I played an active role in the creation of a Functional Obesity Unit, in particular in the setting up of an SEP to care for patients with obesity. In 2003, I worked in the pharmaceutical industry, in the launch of the insulin, Lantus®, and from 2004 to 2009 as an expert in insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors. In 2009, returning to healthcare activity, I joined the Diabetes Unit at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital as a specialist diabetes nurse. I love enjoying the company of my family and friends. I like the mountains, going out for walks, cycling, the cinema and reading. A good plan for the weekend is a trip to the mountains with my family and friends.
- Master's degree in Fundamentals for the Care and Education of Individuals with Diabetes, 2016
- Master's degree in Nursing Sciences and Research Jaume I University, 2012
- Healthcare Education. University of Barcelona, 2000
- Therapeutic Education aimed at Chronic Patients. Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, 1998 and 2000
- Diploma in Nursing. University of Barcelona, 1994
- Individual research: evaluation of therapeutic education and quality- of-life programmes in individuals with diabetes.