At the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Allergy and Clinical Immunology Service, we treat children from 0 to 18 years of age suffering from allergic and immunodeficiency disorders. We treat all types of allergies, as well as the most complex immunodeficiencies.
What makes us different
- In 2015 we saw 10,500 patients, or more than 42 visits a day.
- We are a leading centre for food allergies. Each year we treat more than 100 children with oral immunotherapy. Our cure rates after such treatment exceed 70%.
- We consider it fundamental to educate patients about food allergies and respiratory allergies, to prevent visits to the Emergency Department.
- We use a multidisciplinary approach for eosinophilic oesophagitis.
- Our centre is accredited by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and offers paediatricians training in Allergies and Clinical Immunology.
- At present we are one of two centres in Catalonia serving patients with primary or secondary immunodeficiencies.
- With the Clinical Immunology Unit of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, together with Hospital Clínic, we are adding efforts to promote and strengthen the Functional Unit of Clinical Immunology, created in 2011 and through which it serves children affected by primary and secondary immunodeficiencies. The Unit has highly specialized diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to respond to patients.
- We offer novel treatments based on immunotherapy for patients with very diverse diseases (oncological, infectious, autoimmune, among others).
- We have been accredited by the European Society for Immunodeficiencies (ESID) to teach in this field.