The Dentistry and Orthodontics Department offers public and private healthcare for all types of dental conditions. We treat infants, children and teenagers, up to the age of 18.
We treat children with special needs and who also suffer from dental problems.
We can prevent and correct disorders arising from the poor development of teeth, of the palate and the position of the jaw, to thus re-establish the morphological and functional balance of the face and mouth.
Find us at:
HOSPITAL SANT JOAN DE DÉU BARCELONA
Passeig Sant Joan de Déu, 2. Esplugues de Llobregat
Telephone: 93 600 94 74
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:30am - 7:30pm.
SANT JOAN DE DÉU - NUMÀNCIA
Carrer Numància, 9-13. Barcelona
Orthodontics: 93 600 94 74. Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 2pm and 3pm - 7pm.
Paediatric Dentistry: 93 600 94 74. Opening hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9am - 2pm and 3pm - 7pm.
What makes us different
More than 40 years looking after children's oral health.
The medical team is responsible for:
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases and muscle function disorders (breathing, chewing, swallowing and speaking problems) in our patients.
- Continuing education in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry by the University of Barcelona of professionals who are graduates of bachelor's degree programmes in dentistry.
- Research on normal craniofacial development and on dentofacial deformities and their treatment.
We are the leading centre in Paediatric Dentistry in Catalonia for children and adolescents with the following types of disease: intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, serious mental disorder (autism, autism spectrum and non-autism), systemic diseases (haematological and oncological disorders, serious heart diseases and situations of immunodeficiency) and cases that are difficult to treat in the dentist's chair with a foreseen need to provide treatment in the operating theatre.
At the forefront of research and treatment of congenital deformities
- Our professionals research normal craniofacial development, as well as dentofacial deformities and their treatment.
- For more than 30 years we have followed a premature care protocol to treat patients with congenital deformities in order to minimise aesthetic and functional alterations for the child, within a family-friendly environment.
We have hospital facilities
- We have an outpatient surgical unit with four operating theatres available each week, with the resources to operate on 3 patients per session.
We are a leading centre for professional training
- Our specialists undergo continuous training in Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics at the University of Barcelona.