SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital is a university hospital affiliated with the University of Barcelona. We share our knowledge and train professionals so that they can specialise in high-complexity medicine. In the Movement Disorder Unit we are involved in teaching postgraduate studies at the following centres:
- Master’s degree in Neuropaediatrics, University of Barcelona.
- Master’s degree in Hereditary Metabolic Diseases, University of Santiago de Compostela.
We also collaborate with the Spanish Society of Paediatric Neurology (SENEP), where we coordinate the movement disorder group and form part of the accreditation committee. We organise professional training courses, as well as patient and family meetings, in the field of paediatric movement disorders. In recent years, we have organised the following events:
- International Symposium of Movement Disorders in Childhood
- Refresher Conference on Paediatric Movement Disorders
- Conference on Neurodegenerative Diseases with Brain Iron Accumulation