The Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital is involved in a number of studies and lines of research:
- Participation in the multicentre clinical genetic research group on Usher Syndrome.
- Participation in the line of research into reconstructive microtia treatment with cartilage.
- Participation in research studies relating to intraoperative measurements for cochlear implants (intraoperative monitoring).
- Participation in the study on Delphi social policy and the rights of deaf citizens in Spain.
- Clinical study project in infant patients with implants using functional magnetic resonance imaging.
- Clinical analysis study in patients with Cytomegalovirus and hearing loss.
- Ongoing online training project about infant hearing loss.
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial to assess the efficacy and safety of ciprofloxacin 0.3% plus fluocinolone acetonide 0.025% otic solution in the treatment of acute otitis media with tympanostomy tubes (AOMT) in poediatric patients. Start and end dates: 2011 - 2014.
The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) departmen
The Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) department has highly specialised professionals in the different childhood disorders affecting the ear, nose and throat.