The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Paediatric Emergency Department has a research group.
Research group on the influence of the environment on the well-being of children and adolescents
Dr. Carles Luaces Cubells leads this research group working on different lines:
- Study of epidemiological and clinical factors in childhood accidents.
- Differential diagnosis of child abuse.
- Early detection and secondary prevention of social and health problems in adolescence: drugs, sexuality and violence.
- Impact of external agents (radiation, pollution, etc.) on children's health.
- Improving the care of paediatric patients in medical consultations through the presence of parents, analgesia, age-differentiated care (children/adolescents).