A look at 2018
In the spirit of transparency, we are putting into the public domain information regarding our yearly activity as a care and research centre, as well as other information of interest, covering the last five years.
Annual Report 2018
All the healthcare, research, innovation, teaching and solidarity activity at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
Some achievements of the year
- 12,095 patients with minor diseases.
- 27% more new cases of childhood cancer treated.
- 8.8% more sessions in the Day Hospital.
- 3.9% more major outpatient surgeries (MOS).
- 6.6% more surgical interventions.
- 26 fetal surgery interventions performed.
- 9 ERN, 24 CSUR and 1 XUEC accreditations (pending: 5 ERN, 5 CSUR and 2 XUEC accreditations).
- 624 international patients treated.
- 13.8% non-face-to-face outpatient activity compared to face-to-face activity.
- 179 jobs have changed from temporary to permanent contract.
- 97.5% patient loyalty and an 8.94 rate of satisfaction (PLAENSA).
- More than 30 awards given to professionals and services at the Hospital.
- 443 articles with impact factor with an IF of 2.287.
- 5 European projects awarded.
- 147 clinical trials and observational studies.
- 15 nurse research projects and 2 scholarship projects.
- 10,454 students on the Pediatrics Course.
- 97 simulation courses and 1,240 students.
- 2,102 rotations, training and practical placements.
- 2,400 online training students.
- 5 million visits in one year to the Faros Sant Joan de Déu portal.
- 8 surgical departments use 3D printing.
- 22 surgical interventions with the support of 3D printing.
- 9 patents registered and one spin-off.
- 353 solidarity initiatives for the Hospital.
- 9 million euros raised.
- 15 million euros to complete the financing for the construction of the SJD Pediatric Cancer Centre Barcelona.