A brief look at 2019
In the spirit of transparency, we are putting into the public domain information regarding our yearly activity as a care and research centre, as well as other information of interest, covering the last five years.
Some achievements of the year
- 42,229 non-face-to-face visits (15% of the total).
- 229 new cases of childhood cancer.
- 4.6% more sessions in the Day Hospital.
- 3.7% more Emergency visits.
- 4.7% more deliveries.
- 93 patients treated in hospital at home with 4 beds saved in the Hospital.
- 65 surgical cases planned with 3D printing.
- 200 families accompanied and followed up by the Spiritual and Religious Care Service.
- International patients:.
- 23% more requests (78% via web or email).
- 33% more patients (39% from Oncology).
- 115 patients treated daily at the Hospital.
- 5 new UEC accreditations (5 in total), 2 CSUR re-accreditations (23 in total) and 12 new ERNs (21 in total).
- 9.2% more professionals.
- 469 articles with a total impact factor of 2,260.
- 222 clinical trials and observational studies.
- 5 nursing scientific publications and 5 grant projects.
- 303 courses and 12,640 students in the Paediatrics Classroom.
- 94,849 hours of training for staff. 135 simulation courses.
- 2,033 rotations, training placements and internships.
- 12 million visits to the Faros Sant Joan de Déu portal.
- 3 new patents and 2 spin-off patents.
- 2,616 telemedicine connections with 10,872 participants.
- 3 European projects for health promotion.
- More than 40 awards given to professionals and services of the Hospital.
- 388 solidarity initiatives for the Hospital.
- 11.6 million euros raised.