All the members of the Paediatric Urology Unit take part in the training of Resident Medical Interns (RMI) and specific internships or “fellowships” in Urology and Surgical Techniques in Paediatric Surgery at the University of Barcelona.
The Paediatric Surgery Department is recognised as a teaching unit and, thanks to the prestige of our centre, we receive RMIs from all over Spain. Among the accreditations and activities that we participate in, the following are included:
- European accreditation in Paediatric Urology - Fellow of the European Academy of Paediatric Urology (FEAPU). This accreditation from the European Union of Medical Specialists recognises specialists who achieve research and healthcare standards that allow them to train specialists in Paediatric Urology.
- Master’s Degree in Paediatric Urology of the University of Barcelona. Since 2017 the Unit has run this face-to-face postgraduate teaching course that lasts two years, aimed at Paediatric Surgeons who want to specialise in Paediatric Urology.
- Master’s Degree in Surgical Techniques for Paediatric Surgery of the University of Barcelona. The Urology Unit team are responsible for teaching this university training.
- Course on Laparoscopic Surgery in Paediatric Urology.
- Master’s Degree in Advanced Medical Skills of the University of Barcelona. Dr García-Aparicio collaborates in the subject of Renal Transplantation.