Johanna Alexandra Parra Hernández
Delivery room, ultrasound, obstetric intermediate care unit, foetoscopy
You will find me at
English, Spanish and Catalan
I am currently working in the areas of delivery room, emergency department, obstetric intensive care unit, ultrasound and foetoscopy. I am doing my doctoral thesis in foetal surgery.
Passionate about all stages of low- and high-risk pregnancy: ultrasound, delivery room care and obstetric intermediate care. Committed to teamwork, teaching and research.
- PhD student in foetal surgery. Universitat de Barcelona, 2019-present.
- International clinical simulation instructor training. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital - Boston Children's Hospital, 2016.
- Research personnel training course on the use of animals in research. Universitat de Barcelona, 2015.
- Specialisation in obstetrics and gynaecology. Universitat de Barcelona - SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2015.
- Medical surgery. National Universidad de Colombia, 2005.
- Internship at Ku Leuven (Catholic University), Leuven (Belgium), 2017.
- Robotic assistance in foetal surgery, 2019-present.
- First project: New high-precision technologies in foetal medicine and surgery. Cellex Private Foundation, 2016-2019.
- Comparative study of foetal alcohol spectrum disorder in mice and the effect of antioxidants, 2015-2018.
- Diagnostic and prognostic value on the perinatal outcome of the study of cardiac functionalism and its association with markers of myocardial cell damage in cord blood in foetuses affected by intrauterine growth retardation, 2014
- Assessment of prenatal exposure to antidepressants and anxiolytics by its determination in biological matrices alternatives, 2011-2012.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.