Victoria San Antonio Arce
Spanish, Catalan and English
Paediatric and epileptological neurologist
Paediatric neurology and epilepsy
Head of the Epilepsy unit
Spanish, Catalan and English
I am currently the Head of the Epilepsy, sleep and neurophysiology section of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Previously I worked in the Neurosurgery Department of the Universitätsklinikum Freiburg, Germany, and in the Paediatric department of the San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid. I have also collaborated in the Epilepsy Programme of the Neurology Department, Rúber International Hospital, Madrid.
- Inter-university diploma in Epileptology, universities Aix-Marseille II, Bordeaux II, Grenoble I, Lille II, Lyon I, Montpellier I, Nancy I, Paris V, Paris VI, Rennes, Strasbourg I and Tours, in collaboration with the French League against Epilepsy (LFCE), 2007.
- Doctor in paediatrics. Paediatrics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2016.
- Master’s degree in Neuropaediatrics. Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid (UCM), 2005.
- Resident medical intern in Paediatrics and its specific areas (access by Resident Medical Intern examination in the call of April 2000), Paediatrics Department, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid, 2004.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Valencia (UV), 1999.
- Pre-surgical evaluation and post-surgical handling of paediatric patients with epilepsy, Epileptology Section, Neurosurgery Department, Universitätsklinikum Freiburg, Germany, 2012-2014.
- Epileptology at the Paediatric Epilepsy Unit, Paediatric Neurology Department, Hôpital Robert Debré, Paris, France, 2005- 2006).
- Continued clinical research activity in collaboration with the Biomedical Research Foundation of San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid. Lead researcher in numerous clinical trials and studies in the field of drug-resistant epilepsy. (2006-2012).
- Regular participation in the meetings of U-Task (European Working Group on Surgery of Paediatric Epilepsy). Organisation of the U-Task meeting in November 2012 in Madrid.
- Organisation of the 37th Meeting of SENP in April 2009 in Madrid.
- Regular attendance, with papers and communications, at Spanish and European scientific meetings and conferences on neurology, neuropaediatrics and epileptology.
- Author of a dozen publications relating to neuropaediatrics and epileptology in journals and on websites, and several book chapters.
- Reviewer for international journals on neuropaediatrics and epileptology.
- Teacher on epilepsy in pediatric age, Master of Neuropaediatrics, University School Sant Joan de Déu - UB, since 2014.
- Associate lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine, Paediatrics Department, Complutense University of Madrid, 2011- 2012.
- Regular teaching in subjects relating to paediatric epilepsy for the University Master’s Degree in Emergencies, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid, 2009-2011.
- Collaborating physician in practical teaching, Paediatrics Department, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid, 2006-2010.
- Regular teaching in subjects relating to paediatric epilepsy for the University Master’s Degree in Childhood Neuropsychology, Faculty of Psychology, Complutense University of Madrid (UCM), 2006-2010.