The Endocrinology team has a major commitment to research in order to improve scientific knowledge which impacts our patients' health. Our research is carried out at the Sant Joan de Déu Research Institute (IRSJD).
Research coordinator: Dr. Lourdes Ibáñez Toda.
Particular lines of research
- Intrauterine growth delay
- Within the line of research on adult diseases of fetal origin, in which we are a leader.
- Ovarian hyperandrogenism
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Rare genetically-based neurological diseases
- Results of this research between 2010 and 2015, we published 109 articles with a cumulative impact factor of 465.
Collaboration with other research groups
- We are the only paediatric group that forms part of the Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Diseases Networking Biomedical Research Centre (CIBERDEM) funded by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III.
- We belong to the Spanish Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (SEEP) and the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) where we actively participate in scientific production and in working groups.
- Members of our team are responsible for coordinating the Small for Gestational Age (SGA) working group of the SEEP and the Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (PAG) working group of the ESPE.