The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital is participating in several studies and research projects out at the Sant Joan de Déu Research Institute (IRSJD). The goal is to achieve the highest level of quality in the care of our patients. The main areas we research are the following:
- Analysis of inflammatory markers.
- Infectious diseases and sepsis.
- Non-invasive ventilation for critical respiratory patients.
- Treatment of neurocritical patients suffering from encephalitis, metabolic encephalopathies, neuromuscular disease, traumatic brain injury, etc.
- Post-operative care of congenital heart disease.
- Analysis of the comfort needs of our patients and their families through surveys and evaluation of the patient experience. Joint investigation of the medical and nursing staff.