Marta Fajardo Samper
I have been working in my chosen profession for 26 years, many of them as a nurse manager in several healthcare institutions – hospitals and primary care centres – in Catalonia and the Balearic Islands. I have been working at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital for the last 10 years: Five of those years as Child Hospitalisation Nurse Manager, 4 as Chief Nursing Officer in Human Resources, and currently as Teaching and Chief Nursing Officer for Training.
I specialise in Paediatric Nursing, I hold a Master’s degree in Leading and Managing Nursing Departments and took my PhD in the Nursing and Health programme of the Universitat de Barcelona. I also work a part-time lecturer in the Department of Fundamental and Medical-Surgical Nursing in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the Universitat de Barcelona. I regard teaching as essential for transferring knowledge and for raising awareness in the exercise of our profession. My work consists of transforming the nursing discipline through the acquisition of new knowledge.
- PhD student on the Nursing and Health doctorate programme. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the Universitat de Barcelona.
- Master in Leading and Managing Nursing Departments. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Universitat de Barcelona, 2015.
- Paediatric Nursing specialist. Ministry of Education, 2015.
- Post-graduate degree in Advanced Children's Nursing. Universitat de Barcelona, 2007.
- Part-time lecturer. Historical, methodological and theoretical basics of nursing. Universitat de Barcelona since 2015.