Orthopaedic surgeon and children's traumatologist
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan and Greek
After graduating in Medicine and Surgery at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, I specialised in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology at the Mother-and-Child Insular University Hospital Complex of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, where I also started my training in child traumatology.
I had the opportunity to train by completing several national and international courses, as well as training placements and rotations in orthopaedic surgery and child traumatology, nationally at SJD Children's Hospital Barcelona, and internationally at the Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool and the Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital in Wales. I have also participated in several research projects and given presentations at national and international congresses.
I am a member of the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS), and of the Sociedad Española de Ortepedia Pediátrica (Spanish society of pediatric orthopaedics) (SEOP), and since finishing my training as a resident, I have been part of the Orthopaedics and Traumatology Surgery Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Advanced training course in Children's Orthopaedics - Sociedad Española de Ortopedia Pediátrica, 2020-2022.
- Core Curriculum in Children Orthopaedics - European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society, 2018-2019.
- Advanced University Course Clubfoot and Ponseti Method, Universitat de Barcelona, 2018.
- University expert in Research Methodology, 2018.
- Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (Resident Medical Internship training). Mother-and-Child Insular University Hospital Complex of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 2015-2020.
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2011.
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Paediatric Traumatology Department - Hip, Neuromuscular and Limb Deformities Units, Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool, 2019.
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Department, Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, Wales, 2018.
- Member of the "Pediatric Spine Study Group", 2020 - present.
- Retrospective studies of supracondylar fractures in Las Palmas (CHUIMI), 2017-2018.
- Retrospective studies of supracondylar fractures, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2019.
- Over 30 presentations (oral and posters) at national and international scientific congresses, 2015 - present.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.