SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital is a university hospital affiliated with the University of Barcelona, and so we share our knowledge and train professionals to specialise in high-complexity medicine.
Master's in Neonatology
In cooperation with the University of Barcelona, we organise the study of Pathophysiology in the neonatal period in order to provide training in the field of Neonatology, which is different from paediatric training. In addition, this line of study aims at promoting research in this important stage of life.
- Duration: 2 courses
- Supervisor and coordinator: Prof. Josep Figueras Aloy, Prof. Francesc Botet Mussons and Dr Martín Iriondo Sanz.
- Accreditation: 128 ECTS credits
Simulation group for newborn critical care
We provide in-house training to all professionals in the Neonatology Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. By simulating critical care situations in the NICU, the goal is to improve the management and dynamics of teamwork. Neonatologists, nurses and nursing assistants all participate.
- Courses: Nine courses a year
- Management: Dr. Martín Iriondo Sanz and Ms. Mª José Troyano Martos
- Instructors: Dr. Mar Reyne Vergeli (medical coordinator) and Ms. Sonia Ehrenberg Archs (nursing coordinator), Dr. Cristina Carrasco Carrasco, Ms. Carmen Cumplido Castillo, Dr. África Pertierra Cortada.