The Paediatric Ophthalmology Department makes research in the following areas:
- Ocular motility disorders in schizophrenia.
- Pupillography in optic nerve tumours and intracranial hypertension.
- Propranolol dose in the treatment of infantile periocular haemangioma.
- Effectiveness of lacrimal dilation with a balloon catheter in different age groups.
- Optimisations in the treatment of orbital cellulitis.
- Dose–response relationship in the treatment of childhood strabismus with Botox.
- Differences in the degree of strabismus with prism and digital video-oculography.
- Sensitivity of different diagnostic tests for optic nerve glioma in neurofibromatosis.
- Optimal parameters of the visual-field stimuli in young children.
- Efficacy and safety of drugs for the treatment of paediatric glaucoma.
- Efficacy of telemedicine for the proper diagnosis of retinopathy of prematurity.
- Protocol for the aetiological study of childhood cataracts with Neuropaediatrics.
- Phase 1 study to treat retinoblastoma with viral therapy.
- Platform for genetic diagnosis of retinal dystrophies.
- Development of in vivo biopsies for intraocular tumours by confocal microscopy.
- OCT study of the choroid in children and in retinal diseases.
- Protocol for follow-up and treatment of JIA-associated uveitis.
- MIWGUC Group (Multinational Interdisciplinary Working Group for Uveitis in Childhood).
- National Uveitis Register.
The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Ophthalmology Department
In the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Ophthalmology Department we diagnose and treat children with vision problems, whatever the complexity.