At the Woman's Area of SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital we bring together expertise from several different areas to offer world-leading care as part of BCNatal since 2013.
- BCNatal integrates the maternal-fetal medicine departments of two first-class university hospitals: SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, one of the largest pediatric hospitals in Europe, and Hospital Clínic, a general hospital ranked among the world’s best.
- We are a fully comprehensive clinical centre offering state-of-the-art healthcare to mothers and their babies.
- We attend over 7,000 births per year, making BCNatal one of the largest clinical and research centres dedicated to mothers and their unborn children in Europe, hosting expertise in normal childbirth, treating the most complex and rare maternal and fetal problems, and everything in between.
- All our activity is focused on the mother and child: we offer personalized care adjusted to the specific risks of each pregnancy.
- Our work follows clinical protocols which are continuously updated according to the best scientific evidence. Our protocols are consulted online more than 60,000 times a month by physicians from other hospitals and are followed by hundreds of institutions worldwide.
Highest safety levels with the best experience
For normal pregnancy and delivery, our main goal is to achieve the highest safety levels with the best experience for mother and child, ensuring a personalized and respectful treatment in childbirth.
Fetal medicine and surgery programme
In our multidisciplinary Fetal Medicine and Surgery referral programme, we attend thousands of cases referred both from Spain and abroad for the evaluation of fetal problems. We are pioneers in fetal surgery, having applied several techniques for the first time globally and have one of the most comprehensive experiences in the world in this field.
World-class research and innovation centre
As a world-class research and innovation centre, we generate an important part of the scientific knowledge that we continuously apply to improve our practice and to increase the safety of mothers and babies.