The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Neurology Department has several established research lines.
Lines of research
- Phenylketonuria and other genetic defects of intermediary metabolism.
- Metabolismo energético mitocondrial.
- Applied research into neuromuscular diseases.
- Neurometabolic diseases affecting the CNS.
- Epilepsy Surgery.
- Movement disorders of genetic and neurometabolic origin.
- Neurogenetics and Molecular Medicine.
- Neonatal Neurology
We play an active role in therapeutic trials with new drugs for epilepsy and other pathologies (metabolic and neuromuscular diseases, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis).
We also collaborate in genetic research to identify new diagnostic methods and new treatments for Rett syndrome and other rare diseases.
We participate in a number of national and European disease registries.