The Psychiatry and Psychology Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary, innovative, specialised and leading care in mental health to patients under the age of 18 and their families. This is provided in a committed, respectful and efficient manner by integrating all levels of care.
We have more than 40 years of experience and our professionals are highly trained and capable of meeting the needs of children and adolescents.
What makes us different
Our experience and social commitment
Our acquired experience and social commitment help us to innovate and spread our specialist knowledge.
We work in conjunction with all Mental Health network resources and Hospital paediatric departments to create links with patients and their families, and to achieve the required healthcare coherence and continuity.
The activities at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital complete the care offered by all resources from the Catalonia community mental health network and from the different in-hospital paediatric departments, as well as offering support to professionals.
Our clinical specialisation units in mental health care for complex disorders and emerging problems that require specialised knowledge. Our Clinical Specialisation Units (CSUs) are as follows:
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders Unit.
- Autism spectrum and social communication disorders.
- Serious attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), secondary ADHD and ADHD with comorbidity.
- Psychopathology in children 0-5 years of age.
- Toxic addictive behaviour and behavioural disorder unit.
- Eating disorders and related diseases.
- Psychotic and serious affective disorder unit.
Our collaboration with other departments
We have a paediatric diseases Mental Health Unit, which takes care for children and adolescents who suffer from other disorders and also require psychiatric and psychological care. We participate in the following hospital programmes:
- Functional care unit for sexually abused minors.
- Haematology/Oncology, TBI and Nephrology.
- PKU, cochlear implant and microtia.
- Psychological and psychiatric maternity support (women's care).
- Chronic care.